The Richmond Health and Care Plan describes our vision, priorities and actions to meet the health and care needs of local people and deliver improvements in their health and wellbeing.
This two year plan focuses on actions which no single organisation can achieve alone: where health, social care and the voluntary sector working together has maximum impact. This plan should be read in the context of our other local health and care strategies.
This plan has been developed in partnership with local people, voluntary community groups, health and care partners.
Read our health and care plan for the borough of Richmond.
Find out more about how we have engaged with local people on our health and care plan for the borough of Richmond.
Our aspiration for the people of Richmond is that they start well, live well and age well. The priority areas for improvement which the programme has identified are:
- Improve the mental wellbeing and resilience of children and young people
- Support children and young people with special educational needs, disabilities and complex health and care needs to flourish and be independent in their local communities
- Reduce obesity to improve the health of our children and young people
- Support people to stay healthy and manage their long-term health conditions
- Promote mental wellbeing and support those who experience poor mental health to avoid mental health crisis
- Reduce health inequalities for people with learning disabilities
- Encourage active, resilient and inclusive communities that promote healthy ageing and reduce loneliness and isolation
- Support people to live at home independently, for as long as possible including people with dementia
- Support people to plan for their final years so they have a dignified death in a place of their choice
One page plans for start well, live well and age well
Please click on the one page plans below to see our priorities and actions for start well, live well and age well
- Richmond CCG Start Well
- Richmond CCG Live Well
- Richmond CCG Age Well
- Richmond Health and Care Plan summary leaflet
- South West London 5 year plan – Richmond Health and Care plan summary
- Improve support for unpaid carers - Recognise and value carers in their caring role and enable them to have a life outside of caring.
- Prevention - Work with and enable communities and individuals to lead healthy lives and have confidence to care for themselves and others
For further information on other local plans and strategies referred to in our health and care plan please click on the links below:
- CAMHS transformation plan
- SEND Transformation Plan
- Carers Strategy
- Dementia strategy
- Health and wellbeing board strategy
- Suicide prevention strategy
- End of life care strategy
- Air quality report
- NHS long Term Plan
Watch our film to find out more about our health and care plan for the borough of Richmond: