Richmond CCG’s patient advice and liaison service (PALS) provides, patients, carers and their families, with free, confidential advice, information and support.

How can PALS help you?

​PALS can:

  • inform you about NHS services in the Richmond area
  • listen to your questions and concerns and give you information on the options available
  • help sort out problems or concerns that you may have about NHS services.
  • arrange for an interpreter, signer or other support service to be at your appointment with you
  • use your comments and suggestions constructively to make sure we improve NHS services locally
  • advise you about other organisations and services that could help with your problem
  • guide you through the NHS complaints process if you want to make a complaint

We can also provide information about independent advocacy services that can help you write your complaint.

NHS Complaints Advocacy on 0300 330 5454 or email: 

What can I do if I have a problem with my NHS treatment or care?

You should discuss the problem with your GP, nurse or another appropriate person in the clinic, ward or department. They are the best people to help you and clearly explain your medical condition, treatment or clinical procedure. If you do not understand the first time, don’t feel embarrassed to ask for the information to be repeated.

If you still have questions or concerns about a GP, dentist, optician or pharmacist or you don’t want to contact them directly, you can contact NHS England’s customer contact centre:

Telephone 0300 311 22 33 or email:

For all other enquiries please contact Richmond PALS on 020 3941 9911 or write to us at:

Complaints and Patient Advice and Liaison Service
NHS Kingston and Richmond CCGs
2nd floor
Thames House
180 High Street
TW11 8HU


We aim to commission good quality services but we know that sometimes things can go wrong. If they do, you may want to tell us what you think about our services.

We take complaints seriously and making a complaint will not affect your treatment or care.
Positive feedback is also beneficial so please send any compliments to the complaints department.

How do I make a complaint about the NHS?

PALS is happy to listen to your concerns and help where possible. PALS can also provide information on the formal NHS complaints process.

If you want to make a formal complaint about your GP, dentist, optician or pharmacist, you can contact NHS England’s complaints department:

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

Tel: 0300 311 22 33


If you wish to complain or offer a compliment about other local services please contact  Richmond CCG’s complaints department on 020 3941 9911, e-mail or write to us at:

Complaints and Patient Advice and Liaison Service
NHS Richmond & Kingston CCGs
2nd floor
Thames House
180 High Street
TW11 8HU

Our PALS and complaints policy can be read here​